The International Association of Providers of AIDS Care (IAPAC) respects your concerns about privacy. This Privacy Notice applies to personal information collected the all IAPAC-related or - specific websites
, including www.fast-trackcities.org, on which we have posted this Privacy Notice (“Sites”). This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect, how we use the information, with whom the information is shared, and the choices you can make about our use of the information. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
Information We Collect
The types of personal information we collect on our websites include:
- contact information;
- username and password;
- demographic information; and
- credit card/banking information (www.iapac.org only).
Information Collected by Automated Means
When you visit our Sites, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies. The information we collect in this manner includes IP address, browser characteristics,device characteristics, operating system, language preference(s), referring URL addresses,information on actions taken on our Sites, and dates and times of Website visits. A “cookie” is a text file that a website sends to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features on most of our Sites.
How We May Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- communicate with you about news, events, and alerts;
- link you to our membership database;
- process and collect payments and donations (www.iapac.org only);
- process, evaluate and respond to your requests and inquiries;
- protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities(www.iapac.org only); and
We also may use the information we collect in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Sharing of Information
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described here. We may share your personal information:
- with service providers who perform services on our behalf (we do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements);
- if we believe we are required to do so by law or legal process;
- to law enforcement authorities or other government officials;
- when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss;
- in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity;and
- with other third parties or for other purposes, with your consent.
Your Rights and Choices
You may have certain rights regarding the personal information we maintain about you. We offer you certain choices about what personal information we collect from you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you.
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain products or services.
To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists, or submit a request, please contact us as described in the How to Contact Us section below.
Protection of Personal Information
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction,loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use.
Links to Other Websites
Our Sites may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. These Websites may be operated by institutions that are not affiliated with IAPAC, and they may have their own privacy policies or notices. We strongly suggest you review the privacy policies and notices of any linked websites you visit. We are not responsible for the content of any Websites that are not affiliated with IAPAC, any use of those websites, or the privacy practices of those websites.
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a prominent notice on our Sites to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the Privacy Notice when it was most recently updated.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or writing to:International Association of Providers of AIDS Care
2200 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
4 th Floor East
Washington, DC 20037
United States of America
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
By accessing this International Association of Providers of AIDS Care (IAPAC) website, you are agreeing to be bound by these Website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws and regulations. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this website. The materials contained on this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark laws.
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on this website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on this website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by IAPAC at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on this website are provided “as is.” IAPAC makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation,implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, IAPAC does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on this website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this website.
In no event shall IAPAC, its sponsors, its funders, or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including,without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on this website, even if IAPAC or an IAPAC authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on this website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors.IAPAC does not warrant that all of the materials on this website are 100% accurate, complete, or current. IAPAC may make changes to the materials contained on this website at any time without notice.
IAPAC has not reviewed all of the websites linked to this website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked website. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by IAPAC of the linked website. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
IAPAC may revise these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
Any claim relating to this website shall be governed by the laws of the District of Columbia,Washington, DC, USA, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.